Skip to main content

Blog Post 3

This week in class we learned about Linkedin accounts. I had never made a Linkedin account before, though I had heard of them. I signed up and started to set up my profile and I realized that I had a couple problems to work through.

First was, I needed a photo. This is not too big of a deal for many, however, being a stay at home mom for the last four years many, if not all, of the photos that I have of myself include my children, or, include my run down worn out mom clothes. I managed to find one photo of myself in a relatively nice shirt to use. One problem down.

The next problem I ran into was the fact that, technically, I have been attending CMU for almost 10 years. I first came here back in 2008 when the school was still called Mesa State College. I will say, it has not been a steady 10 years of going. I left more than once for multiple reasons which I will not bore anyone with, and I have earned my Associates degree, but still. Having a Linkedin profile with the date for CMU reading 2008-2018 does not look good, in any way. I am not sure if I should just list the years towards getting my Bachelors degree and disregard the other years.

I am hoping Linkedin will help me to get a job when it comes time to find one. The job I have now, stay at home mom, has gained some recognition but is still not the most "impressive" job title to have. For anyone who has done it, they know how much work it is, but for people who have not, there is really no way to describe it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reeses Cake

I was in the mood for a Reeses Cake this weekend so I made one, what better reason right? Dark Chocolate Fudge cake with peanut butter frosting, dark chocolate ganache and Reese's with Reese's Pieces. Nothing says love more 💕

QR Codes

This week we worked with QR codes in class.  This was my code: This code links to the website of the event coordinator that I am currently working for. I chose to do a flyer for her because I thought it would be good practice. I think that QR codes are extremely interesting and a very good idea. Something that you can just scan and have all the information come up instantly without having to search or go through a lot of different information. After finding out the the Twitter app has a QR code scanner built in, I have been scanning any QR code that I come across. Our professor set up an assignment in class that was a QR code treasure hunt. She taped up QR codes, each of which came up with a different link. Some were videos and some were photos. It was fun because something so simple, a black and white code, held secrets that we were excited to find out about. I think that is one of the nice things about these codes, keeps people excited, interested, and wanting to fin...

Past Cakes