Skip to main content

Holiday Baking

Wow!

It has been a busy 48 hours.

Every year I bake sweets for people for holiday gifts. I love to do it and it makes my whole house smell like sugar.

This year I decided to make cakes for my professors and my sons teachers. I made 8 of these little candy box cakes for them.

They were so much fun to make! Not going to lie though, after the fourth one it started to feel like a little much. But I think they all turned out really well!!


Each cake was one 6 inch cake. Since they were so thick I cut it in half, filled it, and frosted over it. Some of them were surrounded by Kit Kat bars, others were covered in sprinkles. The tops were covered in different kinds of candy and chocolate frosting and the wafer cookies. I wanted to eat it all!



I wrapped the cakes up in red bags and wrapped them with a ribbon. I was worried about the frosting coming off, a small amount did, but they still looked pretty good.

For everyone else I made mnm cookies, Christmas crack (sounds weird but is so addicting), White chocolate covered brownie bites and sugar cookie truffles. Got all those packaged and shipped out.

Now I get to take a break, work on finals, and then pick up again on Tuesday with the Gluten Free baking and then not one, but two birthday cakes.

This is going to be a crazy month! So worth it though!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reeses Cake

I was in the mood for a Reeses Cake this weekend so I made one, what better reason right? Dark Chocolate Fudge cake with peanut butter frosting, dark chocolate ganache and Reese's with Reese's Pieces. Nothing says love more 💕

QR Codes

This week we worked with QR codes in class.  This was my code: This code links to the website of the event coordinator that I am currently working for. I chose to do a flyer for her because I thought it would be good practice. I think that QR codes are extremely interesting and a very good idea. Something that you can just scan and have all the information come up instantly without having to search or go through a lot of different information. After finding out the the Twitter app has a QR code scanner built in, I have been scanning any QR code that I come across. Our professor set up an assignment in class that was a QR code treasure hunt. She taped up QR codes, each of which came up with a different link. Some were videos and some were photos. It was fun because something so simple, a black and white code, held secrets that we were excited to find out about. I think that is one of the nice things about these codes, keeps people excited, interested, and wanting to fin...

Past Cakes