Skip to main content

Blog Post 1

While I am sure I read some blogs here and there, I am not an avid blog reader or "blogger". A part of me feels like so many people, especially Stay At Home Mom's, have a blog about everything from how to potty train to how to only feed your kids organic food. I feel like I won't be saying anything that many moms, or people, have not said before so I have not bothered to start one.

I found many things in this weeks readings interesting, especially since my knowledge of blogs is quite small.

The reading mentioned the different thoughts that people can have about bloggers and whether they are or are not journalists. It seems to me, from the reading as well as small pieces I've picked up here and there, that blogging and journalism are merging more and more as technology takes a leading role.

Another piece of the reading I found very interesting was the piece on how to write a paragraph. I found it especially interesting that, when reading the article, when I got to the part about four paragraphs, all the same length, my brain immediately did not like it as much as differently structured paragraphs earlier on in the reading.

I also did not know how many sites were out there for blogging. It seems so helpful to have templates to set up a blog, and so many which offer free versions that are easy to use and helpful for a beginner.

I think that blogging will be good practice in writing for an audience (however small that audience may be) as well as just getting words out there in a more casual way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reeses Cake

I was in the mood for a Reeses Cake this weekend so I made one, what better reason right? Dark Chocolate Fudge cake with peanut butter frosting, dark chocolate ganache and Reese's with Reese's Pieces. Nothing says love more 💕

QR Codes

This week we worked with QR codes in class.  This was my code: This code links to the website of the event coordinator that I am currently working for. I chose to do a flyer for her because I thought it would be good practice. I think that QR codes are extremely interesting and a very good idea. Something that you can just scan and have all the information come up instantly without having to search or go through a lot of different information. After finding out the the Twitter app has a QR code scanner built in, I have been scanning any QR code that I come across. Our professor set up an assignment in class that was a QR code treasure hunt. She taped up QR codes, each of which came up with a different link. Some were videos and some were photos. It was fun because something so simple, a black and white code, held secrets that we were excited to find out about. I think that is one of the nice things about these codes, keeps people excited, interested, and wanting to fin...

Past Cakes